About this course
This course introduces key concepts, tools, and principles of strategic management allowing managers to create their organization’s unique sustainable competitive advantage using differentiation, low cost, or focus strategies. The course also offers managers insight into the concepts, tools, and methodologies of the blue ocean strategy. Participants will learn the strategic logic behind creating blue oceans of uncontested market space and gain understanding into how this concept complements and goes beyond the traditional approaches to strategy.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between low cost, differentiation, focus and best cost strategies
- Implement low cost strategies in their organizations to gain cost advantages over rivals
- Recognize and apply differentiation strategies in their organizations to gain differentiation advantages against rivals
- Apply the basic concepts, tools and frameworks of blue ocean strategy to create a new marketplace
- Explain how blue ocean strategy is ‘put into action’